Calling all social scientists! We’re funding the APCs on research related to the societal impact of coronavirus
As the Coronavirus (COVID 19) outbreak continues to spread, we want to help researchers disseminate timely and relevant findings which will benefit all of society. As well as the need for medical and hard sciences, social sciences research is vital to the prevention, management and understanding of the wider societal impact of COVID-19.
With this in mind we are launching a publishing fund of £20,000 to cover the APCs for research published on Emerald Open Research related to the outbreak and similar healthcare emergencies. Emerald Open Research is an open access platform that supports rapid publication, an open data policy and open peer review process. Once articles have passed initial checks, they will be available to read, download and reuse.
We are calling all social scientists working in the following interdisciplinary research areas to get in touch as quickly as possible so we can help share their research findings:
- Workplace management and planning
- HR practices and employment procedures
- Government policies and procedures
- New technologies and innovations
- Health care systems, services and funding
- Mental health and wellbeing implications
- Education and learning accessibility
- Responsible leadership and management
- Hospitality and tourism
- Economic implications and planning procedures
- Supply chain management
What is required?
- Research should be related to the prevention, managements and impact of a public healthcare outbreak. Please see themes above for guidance on areas for publication.
- All submitted research must meet Emerald Open Research’s editorial policies and author guidelines.
- Emerald Open Research supports an open data policy. All articles should include the submission of data underlying the results. More details on the open data policy can be found on the website.
- All content will be openly peer reviewed post publication
How to submit your research
- Visit www.emeraldopenresearch.com
- Submit your research
- Once your research has been through the in-house editorial checks, you will be asked to suggest expert reviewers.
- Your research will be published online for everyone to read, access and download!
- Emerald will cover the cost of the APC (article processing charge)
About Emerald Open Research
Emerald Open Research is an open access publishing platform that allows research aligned to the UN Sustainable Development goals to reach a global audience without delay. The platform publishes a range of research outputs, from original research articles to case studies and data notes.
All published research will have an open peer review, an open data policy and be freely available to read, download and reuse. Emerald Open Research benefits researchers, policy makers and most importantly society. By speeding up the availability and dissemination of research, the platform enables others to build upon new ideas right away, wherever and whoever they are.
The gateway has six gateways all of which are aligned to the UN Sustainable Development Goals :